The following is required of all volunteers throughout The Institute:
- All International and Local Chapter Volunteer leaders must be active members of The Institute of Financial Operations.
- Volunteers must be able to commit the time and energy required of a volunteer role.
- Volunteers agree to abide by The Institute's Standards and Code of Ethics.
- Members of the Certification Committee must hold the CAPP or CAPA designation.
- Volunteer terms are one year and volunteer members can serve for as many years as they are elected.
- Volunteer attendance is encouraged at our regional conference events and e-learning opportunities in support of our activities.
- Commitment time averages between 20-50 hours per year; however, some board and committee members' time may exceed 50 hours, including face-to-face meetings.
To become a volunteer with The Institute, you will need to complete the Call for Volunteers, Conflict of Interest Statement, and the Volunteer Leader Agreement forms, which can be accessed below, and submitted together to firstname.lastname@example.org.